Carolina XC X-Class Frame Quad-Copter Frame
Meet the CarolinaXC XClass Quadcopter Frame. This frame give you the option to set it up however you want. It doesn't rely on any specific mounting hardware or arms. This is a very good way to get into XClass and experiment a little until you find what works best, and it all starts with some carbon fiber plates.
The kit comes with 3MM top and bottom plates and 4 3MM pairs of motor mounting plates; all the carbon is 3K Twill Weave with a Matte Finish. From there you do whatever you want! The arms can be sourced from any carbon fiber manufacturer in any shape as long it fits in between the stand offs that are spaced 29MM apart. The stand offs needed for the frame are 35MM in height for M3 screws. The arms are held in place by 3D printed TPU mounts that can be adjusted to fit any shape. RDQ will have the prints in stock soon but the STL files can be downloaded here.
If you are sourcing your own arms you can cut them to the following length in order to make the quad the following sizes.
- 500mm - Approx 1050mm
- 475mm - Approx 1000mm
- 450mm - Approx 950mm
- 425mm - Approx 900mm
- 400mm - Approx 850mm
- 375mm - Approx 825mm
*RDQ will soon stock a variety of arms for the Carolina XC Frame*
- Frame body meets minimum size requirement of 5" X 8" for X Class Circuit Race Rules. Frame Body is 5.81" X 8.92"
- Frame plates cut from high quality 2.5mm, 3mm (Beef Edition) or 4mm (Super Beef Edition), 3k Twill with Matte Finish Carbon Fiber.
- Multiple Arm configurations supported. 3D prints developed for 20mm, 21.5mm & 25mm Tubes, 20mm X 20mm Square Tubes and 20mm X 30mm Octagon Tubes. Also supports directly bolting arms between top and bottom frame plates without clamps or standoffs (4.1mm holes in all plates that can be opened up for larger bolts if needed). Note that 21.5mm tubes are all that has been currently tested. Anyone interested in testing the other mounts contact Robert Wheeler and he can work with you to refine them. Frame will allow for any arms to be clamped that fit between standoffs spaced 31mm center to center (26mm between standoffs).
- Multiple Flight Controller mounting supported. 20mm X 20mm, 30.5mm X 30.5mm and 45mm X 45mm. Center and front mounted FC holes for 20mm X 20mm and 30.5mm X 30.5mm FC's.
- Multiple Motor Mounting supported. Hole patterns for 20mm X 20mm, 20mm X 25mm, 25mm X 25mm and 30mm X 30mm.
- Chamfering on one side of all plates. Chamfering to face outwards.
- If using 3D printed parts there is an option for integrated ESC Mounts and Mini FPV Camera (i.e.:Runcam Micro Swift or similar)Mount.
- FPV Camera Mount holes with pressnuts. Spaced 45mm X 45mm. Same spacing as MRM Reaper frame. Great 3D sells a Session Mount to fit this frame.
- Frame CAD available as Free Download for anyone that wants to cut their own frame or make changes to it. Great 3D can cut your customized frame. Subject to Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
- 3D Prints available as Free Download for anyone that wants to print their own parts. 3D parts should be printed with TPU at 100% infill for maximum clamping on arms. .STEP file format also available for free download for those that want to customize their own clamps. Subject to Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
- Mounting holes for popular Blue Sea Systems DualBus 100A 5 circuit Bus Bar.
- 1x Top Plate
- 1x Bottom Plate
- 4x Motor Mount Top Plate
- 4x Motor Mount Bottom Plate