EMAX Avan S Bi-Blade 5” Prop 20 Pack - Choose Your Color
AVAN Prop Background
Each pack includes 10x CW and 10x CCW props.The Avan propellers are designed from the ground up to match your equipment. Each propeller is designed to match the power curve of current motors on the market. This gives the propellers a linear throttle response, great low end control, and incredible top speed. The matched power curve allows efficient transfer of power across the throttle band. Each propeller was designed using custom Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software. This CFD builds up the aerodynamics around a propeller using a Vortex Lattice Method including viscous and compressibility effects. This allows for an accurate performance measure in the design phase. Optimum design is chosen based off the Betz condition for a set design point. The design point is described as diameter, number of blades, speed, rpm, flight angle, and design thrust. The CFD then draws the optimum chord and blade angle distribution (Beta) along the radius to be the most efficient at that design point. This is done by modeling the shedding vortex filaments off each radial section along the blade and making them all shed off in a perfect rectangular screw (Betz Condition). Once the optimum design is set, performance is modeled across a range of speed and rpms (Advance ratio). With power and thrust known for all advance ratios, it is checked against the performance curve of the intended motor. Design conditions are then adjusted to utilize the maximum power available at each rpm from the performance curve of the set motor. This is then analyzed at different throttle positions, favoring the mid throttle range the design conditions are set.
- Blades profiles are optimized at key point along the length of the blade maximize lift coefficients.
- Linear throttle response - predictable response of propeller action throughout the entire throttle band.
- High grade poly carbonate for propeller and stiffness.
- Optimized design to match motor performance curves of the RS2306 series of brushless motors and similar performing motors in its class.
- Advance Ratio is used instead of conventional pitch theory to make the most efficient propeller in both speed and handling.
- Exclusive locking design in propeller hub to match with RS2306 and RS2205 motors to lessen prop loosening during flight.
- Countless hours of R&D were implemented on genuine AVAN propellers to take advantage of the RS2306 (and most modern 22xx and 23xx motors) full potential.
- Use of non-genuine (copied or cloned) propeller is NOT RECOMMENDED and will yield poor performance.