ImpulseRC ApexLR EVO HD O3 Deadcat Long Range 7" Frame Kit
The ApexLR EVO 7" Frame is the ideal companion for exploration and videography that demands extra range. It has special arm geometry for motors not usually found in deadcat-style frames, and a special design that keeps the DJI O3 Air Unit and HD Camera electrically isolated. This EVO version boasts an aluminum camera mount, video isolation, and TPU inserts to fit many HD and analog cameras.
- As prop size increases, the longer arms required cause vibration issues which negatively impact flight performance and video stability. The ApexLR EVO uses a unique tension brace design between the arms to increase stiffness and shift the resonant frequency of the assembly.
- Pre-loading the arms in this way allows us to keep vibration to a manageable level while still using 5.5mm thick arms for a 7" prop. The new approach saves 20g in carbon weight alone compared to equivalent 8mm thick arms.
- The ApexLR EVO is a variation on the typical 'dead cat' frame which have been modified to keep the front and rear motors aligned, allowing them to maintain the much loved compressed-x geometry in the motor layout.
- This ensures the frame remains balanced and flight characteristics are not compromised, unlike the classic 'dead cat' design which moves the rear motors closer to the body and severely impacts handling.
- Included with the ApexLR EVO is a newly redesigned aluminium camera mount and 3D printed insulation inserts. This keeps the camera firmly locked in place and reduces vibrations, whilst ensuring it is electrically isolated from the frame.
- With the many different HD and analog cameras on the market there is a large variation between models in the distance from the front of the lens to the mounting bolts. To give the camera the best possible protection, whilst also keeping the frame out of shot, it is critical to be able to adjust the position of the camera forwards and backwards within the frame.
- By rotating the TPU inserts 180 degrees, as well as alternating between using the upper or lower bolt as the pivot point, the EVO camera mount has 4 possible mounting positions each 2mm apart.
HD VIDEO SYSTEM ISOLATION
- A major drawback of the some modern HD video systems is that the body of the unit is grounded, this can cause the conductive carbon fiber plates and frame hardware to be grounded too. In an ideal world this is not necessarily a problem, however in the real world it's an accident waiting to happen.
- Alongside the required M2 mounting hardware for the Caddx Vista and M1.6 hardware for the DJI O3, impluserc also include a die-cut mylar insulator and custom machined 'cone rivets' from non-conductive POM.
- When installed your HD video system, and also the mounting hardware, is electrically isolated from the frame. This solution adds only 0.5g of extra weight compared to other designs using bulky and heavy 3D prints.
- Included in every kit is a 3D printed antenna mount for the your HD video system or other similar antennas.
APEXLR KIT CONTENTS
- Carbon fiber frame parts
- Hardware and standoffs
- Aluminium and TPU camera mount
- Mylar and POM HD video isolation parts
- HD video antenna mount
- Injection molded skids and bumper
- Injection molded wire covers
- Rubber and velcro battery pads
- Diamond files
- Battery strap
- Lower Main: 2mm
- Upper Main: 2.5mm
- Top: 2mm
- Arm Brace: 3.5mm
- Arms: 6mm
- Arm Braces: 4mm
- Motor Mounting Pattern: 16x16,19x19
- Stack Mounting: 20x20mm & 30x30mm
- VTX Mounting: 20x20mm and 25x25mm
- 1x ImpulseRC ApexLR EVO HD O3 Long Range 7" Frame Kit