SainSmart Flexible TPU 3D Printing Filament, 1.75 mm, 0.8 kg, Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05 mm
- TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) is a subclass of thermoplastics which prints strong parts that are also flexible.
- Compatible with all FDM printers on the market that accept 1.75 mm filament. Including Prusa i3, Monoprice MakerSelect, SainSmart xCreality, WanHao & Qidi, and other RepRap printers.
- With proper settings, TPU is easy to print thanks to excellent bed adhesion and the filament’s tendency to not warp.
- Great for a variety of projects, such as shoe insoles, watch bands, phone cases, drone parts and more!
- Material: Rep-Flex TPU - Vacuumed Sealed with desiccant
- Shore Hardness: 95A
- Weight: 1 KG (approximately 2.20 lb) Spool Weight Total, Net Weight 0.8 KG
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Recommended extruder temperature:195 - 230°C
- Recommended platform temperature: 40 - 60°C
Recommended for printers with direct drive extruder, 0.4~0.8mm Nozzles.
With bowden extruder you might pay more attention to these tips:
- Print slow 15-30 mm/s Printing speed
- First layer settings. (Height 100% Width 150% speed 50% e.g.)
- Retraction disabled. This would reduce messy, stringing or oozing printing result.
- Increase Multiplier(Optional). set to 1.1 would help the filament bond well. - Cooling fan on after first layer.
If you are having problems printing with soft filaments, firstly, and most importantly, slow the print down, run at 20mm/s will work perfectly.
It is important when loading the filament to allow it to only just start extruding. Once you see the filament coming out the nozzle hit stop. The load feature pushes filament through quicker than a normal print and this can cause it to get caught in the extruder gear.
Also feed the filament direct to the extruder, not through the feeder tube. This reduces the drag on the filament which can cause the gear to slip on the filament.
SainSmart TPU filament is renowned for its high strength and flexibility. With the design freedom of 3D
printing, SainSmart filament is the key to bringing your project, whether it be a weekend hobby or prototyping
for a Fortune 500 company, from the sketchpad to reality. Each spool of SainSmart TPU filament comes with 0.8 kg/1.76 lb
of material. This filament is drawn out to a diameter of 1.75 mm with a dimensional accuracy of +/- 0.05 mm, making it the
perfect choice for most printers on the market.
Diameter: 1.75 mm
Material: Flexible TPU
Net Weight: 0.8 kg
Shore Hardness: 95 A
Recommended Printer Settings
Print Nozzle: 0.4 – 0.8 mm
Extruder Temperature: 195 – 230°C
Print Bed Temperature: 40 – 60°C
Cooling Fan: On
Printing Tips For Bowden Drive Printers
Print Slower: 15 – 30 m/s
First Layer Settings: 100% Height. 150% Width, 50% Speed
Disable Retraction: Should reduce oozing and stringing
Cooling Fan: On after first layer
Increase Multiplier: 1.1, should increase bonding
Do not over extrude filament when loading. As soon as the filament start protruding from the nozzle, stop. Loading any faster will
cause the filament to get caught in extruder gear.
Feed the filament directly to the extruder, and not through the feeder tube. This reduces back tension in the filament as well as drag,
ensuring proper feeding.
What’s in The Package
1x SainSmart TPU Flexible Filament 1.75mm 0.8kg vacuum sealed w/ desiccant
Shipping Notes: Unless you purchase USPS priority shipping, purchases with these gates may ship via UPS or FEDEX ground. International orders may be subject to extra shipping fees when using flat rate shipping.