BetaFPV 2 Watt ELRS Nano 900MHz-EU RC Transmitter Module - V2 (868MHz)
Note: This is the EU version, 868MHz!
The Nano TX V2 Module is packed with upgrades for an unrivaled pilot experience. Featuring the innovative T-LED antenna with its flicker frequency indicating signal transmitting and module connection statute. With up to 2W power, it empowers stable links for FPV racing, long-range flight, and professional photography. Seamlessly integrate with Backpack and customize buttons. Enjoy fluently flying with the 1804 cooling fan. Unleash your full potential with the Nano TX V2 Module.
- The First ever T-LED antenna with built-in LED display functionality, allowing pilots to effortlessly monitor the signal transmitting and receiving while using the radio transmitter.
- 868MHz with a maximum output power of 2W
- Featuring an integrated TCXO, it minimizes frequency deviation for stable performance, eliminating signal interference.
- With its optimized internal airflow channel and a heat sink, a high-speed 1804 cooling fan, it effectively dissipates heat even during high power output, ensuring stable link performance.
- Support backpack and custom button functions based on ELRS V3.3, empowering pilots to connect external devices and set buttons according to personal usage habits.
Longer Range with Stable Link Quality
Nano TX V2 Module is built-in a TCXO (temperature-compensated crystal oscillator). With the high-quality TCXO, it can withstand extreme temperatures with no fear of heat and cold, continuously outputting accurate frequency for long-range flight. Click to learn more about the TCXO. ensuring a super stable yet strong radio link for pilots to fly in any environment that requires extremely stable signals and low latency, including long-range flights, multiplayer flights, and FPV racing. It gives pilots a robust and aggressive flight experience.
The T-LED antenna innovatively integrates LED with the antenna, enabling direct information display on the antenna. When the antenna is successfully connected, the regular flickering indicates the status of signal transmission and reception. The light being on represents signal transmission, while the light being off represents signal reception. The speed of the flickering varies based on the telemetry ratio and packet rate, offering pilots a unique visual experience.
Additionally, it detects the connection status between the antenna and the TX module, preventing damage caused by incorrect usage. The flickering light irregularly during the antenna swinging indicates antenna damage, while flickering irregularly during turning the antenna connector indicates a loose connection in either the antenna or the TX module, requiring replacement.
Note: This T-LED Antenna only lights up on the Nano TX V2 Module. Other antennas can also be used directly on the Nano TX V2 Module but the 2.4GHz version requires an RP-SMA to SMA adapter.
The Nano TX V2 features a fully injection-molded shell with excellent texture. With its optimized internal airflow channel and a heat sink, a high-speed 1804 cooling fan, it effectively dissipates heat even during high power output, ensuring stable link performance. Pilots can fly with confidence and enjoy reliable performance, thanks to this double-checked cooling solution.
Highly Customizable Solution
Backpack, developed by the ExpressLRS team, is an optional module designed for radio transmitters. It provides enhanced flexibility and scalability, empowering pilots to connect external devices such as goggles, the Nano TX V2 Module offers a highly customizable and expandable solution for pilots' varied application scenarios and functional needs. There are two buttons reserved for pilots to customize their functions, empowering pilots to set buttons according to personal usage habits.
Combination with Most Radio TX
The Nano TX V2 Module could be configured via LUA script. EdgeTX V2.8.0 and OpenTX radio transmitter that supports CRSF could be used easily. It is available for popular Nano port TX like BETAFPV LiteRadio 3 Pro, Radiomaster Zorro/Pocket, Jumper T Pro V2/T20, TBS Tango 2, etc., and Radiomaster TX16, Boxer, and Jumper T16/T20, Frsky QX7, X9 when used with a Micro-Nano Module Adapter.
Note: LiteRadio 3 Pro Radio Transmitter cannot support 500mW due to power supply issues.
The ExpressLRS Series expands its lineup with the addition of the Nano TX V2 Module. To achieve exceptional link quality. BETAFPV takes the flying experience to new heights by introducing ELRS links that offer long-range capabilities, low latency, and high refresh rates in a radio control system.
In the EdgeTX system, select "MODEL SEL" and enter the "SETUP" interface. In this interface, turn off Internal RF (set to "OFF"), turn on External RF, and set the output mode to CRSF. Connect the module correctly and then the module will function properly. Settings are shown below.
Lua is a lightweight and compact script language. It can be used by being embedded in radio transmitters and easily reading and modifying the parameter set of modules. The directions for using Lua are as below.
- Download the elrsV3.lua on the BETAFPV official website or ExpressLRS configurator
- Save the elrsV3.lua files onto the radio transmitter's SD Card in the Scripts/Tools folder
- Press the "SYS" button or the "Menu" button on the EdgeTX system to access the "Tools" interface where you can choose "ExpressLRS" and run it
- The below images show the Lua script if it runs successfully
There are two buttons reserved for users to customize its functions. Operation steps are shown below.
- Enter the WiFi mode by enabling the module or powering it on for 60 seconds
- Once the RGB state indicator is in slow green flashing, the receiver's WiFi will be activated (WiFi name: ExpressLRS TX, password: expresslrs
- Connect your phone or computer to WiFi, and log in to the browser at http://10.0.0.1. You will be able to find the custom button settings page
- In the "Action" column, select the desired custom Function; In the "Press" and "Count" columns, select the button press type and the number of presses or duration of the press
- Click "Save" to complete the configuration
There are six settable shortcut buttons and two ways to use the buttons: long press and short press. The long press can be set to a custom time duration, while the short press can be set to a custom number of presses. Six settable functions are shown below.
Bind & External Power Supply
The default firmware of the Nano TX V2 module is ExpressLRS version 3.3.0. There is no Binding Phrase pre-set. Hence Binding with transmitters has to ensure that the receiver is using V3.0.0 above with no binding phrase.
Put the receiver into binding mode and wait for the connection.
Quick press button 1(Left button) three times to enter the binding mode(factory default setting), or you can enter binding mode by clicking 'Bind' in the Lua script. if the Indicator has turned solid, it indicates that the device has been bound successfully.
Note: If the transmitter module has been reflashed with a binding phrase, then using the above binding method will not be bound to other devices. Please set the same binding phrase for the receiver to perform automatic binding.
The power consumption of the Nano TX V2 module when using a transmission power of 500mW or above is relatively high, which will shorten the usage time of the remote control. Users can provide power to the module by using an XT30-USB adapter cable to connect to an external battery. The usage method is shown in the following figure.
- The power consumption of the transmitter is not only related to the transmit power but also to the telemetry ratio. When using high power of 500mW and above, the return ratio can be set higher to reduce power consumption and extend use time.
- For example, in Gemini mode, the power consumption of setting the return ratio to 1:128 is 1000mA, while the power consumption of setting the return ratio to 1:2 is only half of 1:128.
Note: When the voltage of the remote control battery or external battery is lower than 7V (2S) or 10.5V (3S), please do not use the 500mW and 1W, otherwise the module will be rebooted due to insufficient power supply, resulting in disconnection and loss of control.
- Item: BetaFPV 2 Watt ELRS Nano 900MHz-EU RC Transmitter Module - V2
- Weight: 28g
- Color: White
- Antenna Connector: SMA(868MHz)
- RF Power(868MHz): 10mW/25mW/50mW/100mW/250mW/500mW/1000mW/2000mW
- Packet Rate(868MHz): 25Hz/50Hz/100Hz/100Hz Full/200Hz/D50
- Frequency Band: 868MHz EU
- Backpack: Support
- Input Voltage: 7V~13V DC
- Power Consumption(868MHz): 8V,1000mA@1000mW, 50Hz，1:128
- USB Port: Type-C
- Fan Voltage: 5V
- Default Firmware Version: ExpressLRS V3.3.0
- 1x BetaFPV 2 Watt ELRS Nano 900MHz-EU RC Transmitter Module - V2 (868MHz)