Matek SAM-M10Q-5883 GNSS GPS Module
Original price $33.99 - Original price $33.99
$33.99 - $33.99
Current price $33.99
The Matek SAM-M10Q-5883 GNSS is a cutting-edge multi-constellation GNSS module featuring the advanced u-blox SAM-M10Q platform. It offers exceptional sensitivity and acquisition time for all L1 GNSS signals and can receive concurrent signals from four GNSS, including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou. Its advanced Super-S technology further enhances RF sensitivity and dynamic position accuracy, even in challenging urban environments. Finally, with the high-gain 15 x 15 mm2 patch antenna provides the best balance between performance and small size. The omnidirectional antenna radiation pattern increases flexibility for device installation. Enjoy reliable readings for your drone navigation!
- Simple design-in with no RF expertise required
- Less than 38 mW power consumption without compromising GNSS performance
- Maximum position availability with 4 concurrent GNSS reception
- Advanced spoofing and jamming detection
- Pin-compatible with previous SAM-M8Q
- GNSS u-blox SAM-M10Q-00B (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou)
- No Magnetic Compass built-in
- Patch antenna 15 x 15 x 4mm
- Input voltage range: 4~9V (5V pad/pin)
- Power consumption: 10mA
- UART baudrate: 9600 default
- Operating Temperatures: -20~80 °C
- UART(TX, RX) interface for GNSS SAM-M10Q-00B
- JST-GH-4P connector (SM04B-GHS-TB). 1.27mm pitch
- GNSS PPS LED, Green. (Solid ON after powering on, blinking(1Hz) when GNSS get 3D fix)
- Protocol: UBX(u-blox) 5Hz@GPS+GAL+BDS B1C+GLO or NMEA 1Hz
- 26mm x 16mm x 8mm
Wiring and Settings
- AM-M10Q 5V to Flight controller 4~9V
- SAM-M10Q RX to Flight controller UART_TX
- SAM-M10Q TX to Flight controller UART_RX
- SAM-M10Q G to Flight controller GND
- INAV 5.0.0, Betaflight 4.3.0, ArduPilot 4.3 or newer is required.
- UBlox NEO-M9N, MAX-M10S, SAM-M10Q series all don’t have dataflash built in. once GNSS is powered off and the supercapacitor run out. the settings will back to default.
- UBX protocol is bidirectional. Flight controller firmware can change settings on GPS via UBX protocol. You don’t need to set GNSS module Baud and Frequency in u-center.
- The default configuration on SAM-M10Q-00B with ublox FW 5.1 is concurrent reception of GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou B1C with QZSS and SBAS enabled.
- Start with u-blox GNSS FW3.01, timepulse is aligned with UTC time and that time is set valid only after leap second is downloaded. That could take up to 12.5 min. Probably PPS LED will not blink immediately after GPS has 3D fixed.
- The SAM-M10Q provides the ability to reset the receiver. Bridging “RST” pad to Ground for at least 100 ms will trigger a cold start. RESET will delete all information and trigger a cold start. It should only be used as a recovery option. If you are sure wiring and setup are all right. but flight controller can’t detect the GNSS module(grey GPS icon), try doing reset.
- The scratches on ceramic antenna are the result of tuning the antenna.
- Troubleshoot GPS related issues: http://www.mateksys.com/?p=5712#tab-id-6
- u-center Windows
- Compass Alignment(flat mounting): Tilting the magnetometer is strongly discouraged !
- INAV/BetaFLight: compass Arrow forward, set CW 270° Flip when flight controller arrow is facing forward.
- INAV/BetaFLight: compass Arrow backward, set CW 90° Flip when flight controller arrow is facing forward.
- Ardupilot/Mission Planner: Rotation None.
- Make sure to have compass/magnetometer 10cm away from power lines/ESC/motors/iron based material
- 1x Matek SAM-M10Q-5883 GNSS GPS Module
- 1x JST-GH-4P to JST-GH-4P 20cm silicon wire