FrSky Taranis X9D Plus RC Transmitter
The TARANIS X9 D Plus has the following improvements over the standard with ball bearing gimbals and customized M4 CNC aluminum gimbal stick ends which are combined with upgraded switches to provide a superior feel to controlling your models. A detachable SMA antenna is also included so that you can use your antenna of choice.
Other features of the Taranis X9D+ is the frequency hopping ACCST technology, that takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability. It also has a high quality, better contrast LCD display that is adjustable from blue to white, it also has haptic vibration feedback built in. This means you can be alerted silently with the vibration or you can use the existing built in voice or alarm features. There is one item missing, the SWR check of the transmitter antenna is no longer available. You also get great new sliders, a big low self discharge battery, and all of the other great things you have come to expect from FrSky.
The TARANIS utilizes voice alerts from an internal speaker, this is instead of an annoying beeper. This is used for things like; audible count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc. Just about anything can be programmed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades, it even has a headphone jack.
The TARANIS mixes the power of the “OPEN TX” open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case, 8 programmable switches, 2 twist knobs and 2 easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots. Another feature of the Taranis Plus is the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable failsafe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock of other brand receivers or bind and flly's, no worries the TARANIS has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX compatible or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities even more with dual RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of “OPEN TX” software and community, an ergonomic case with ultra-smooth ball bearing gimbals, a large backlit LCD, new larger battery pack, you have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
• RSSI alarms (warns you of reception problems before it becomes an accident)
• 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
• 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
• 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
• Self-test of the transmitter antenna
• 60 Model memory (expandable via a SD card)
• Audio Speech outputs
• USB and SD card slot for unlimited memory, and firmware upgrades, sound editing.
• Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current systems
• Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
• State-of-the-art open source software (open TX)
• Super low latency for ultra-quick response (9ms)
• Large adjustable backlit blue to white LCD display
• Real-time data logging
• Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft)
• JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
• Processor: STM32 ARM Cortex M3 60MHz
• New 2000mah battery
• Haptic Vibration Feedback Command Feature\
- Model name: Taranis X9D Plus
- Number of Channels: Up to 16
- Operating Voltage Range: 6-15v (2s, 3s Lipos are acceptable)
- Operating Current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlight are on)
- Operating Temperature: -10~60C
- Backlit LCD Screen: 212 x 64 Monochrome
- Model Memories: 60 (expandable by SD card)
- Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers
- Stick mode: Mode 2 (Left hand throttle)
- 1 x Taranis X9D ACCST 2.4GHz Plus Transmitter (Mode 2 version)
- 1 x 2000mAh battery
- 2 x Gimbal protectors
- 1 x User Manual